Sunday, May 15, 2011

Art class with kids: recycling art

At the Montessori School this week we made shadowboxes out of cereal boxes and magazine scraps.
I had so much fun making my demonstration box that I want to keep it!
only problem is, like I've mentioned I live in 300sq feet and it is filling up with "art projects" :/


IMG_4216


What you do is cut a square out of the front of a cereal box to make the frame for your shadow box.
Then on the piece of cardboard that you cut out you start gluing magazine scraps to make a scene. I think it looks better when some of the pieces stick out to make it look 3D, like the grass.
An underwater scene would be awesome don't you think?
and it's a free, recyclable craft you can do with your kids :)




Keeping It Simple

5 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my gosh I want that! Seriously I bet you could sell that it's so cute!

PinkCoffie said...

What a cute & eco project to make <3 the result is uber lovely! Will try to keep my lil cousin busy with this sooner or later. Btw, you should keep it girl - worth the space :)

- Urska @
Live.Create.Inspire

Unknown said...

I LOVE this! What a fun project and piece of art!

I would love to have you share this at my For the Kids link party! Come join the fun!

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-9.html

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing it at For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars! You have been featured this week! Stop by and grab an A++ button for your page, and link up again for another week of fun!

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-11.html

jeanielizzie said...

I am inspired! My apt is 375 sf and I am glad to know I'm not alone in this situation! I love making examples for kids' projects but something has to change; I have a lot of my personal possessions in storage : ) Hope to find a larger apt this summer so I can take full advantage of my ideas, especially recycling stuff into art. thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...