Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday Afternoon Picnik - free textures!

One of my very favorite effects on Picnik is textures, but this is a premium feature and this week I wanted to blog about one of the free features for all of you out there who haven't upgraded yet!  There are tons of cool things you can do for absolutely free too!

When I logged onto Picnik the other day I saw that they had added new "featured effects" with a pirate theme. {Picnik often has featured effects to coordinate with upcoming holidays and events like 4th of July, Back to School, and Christmas} I was disappointed because I assumed it would be super cheesy and I'm really not one for adding the stickers to my photos.  But I was intrigued by "Pirate Textures" and decided to give it a whirl... and they have some pretty cool ones! for free!

I used the picture of Lee and I's silhouettes from our recent photoshoot because I knew it would show the textures really well.

2
Click on Featured & choose Pirate Textures.  There are 12 different ones to chose from.  With premium you can chose from 57 different textures in addition to the new pirate textures.


3

4
love me some maps!


5
under the sea :)


6
Play around with the advanced modes and see which way you like it the best!  You can also adjust the fade so you see more or less of the texture.

Happy Picniking!



2 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the heads up!Just went and tested it out!

Grandma Bonnie said...

I will have to check this out. I love to use picnik but I have not tried this. New follower from the Show and Tell Saturday Hop. Hope you stop by for a visit. http://grandmabonniesweeclassroom.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...