Monday, November 7, 2011

adorable bunting 4 ways!

I am excited to share a few pictures with you from my older sister's house! {not the one who is doing a vow renewal, the other one}
She is a {young}30something wife and mommy with 3 absolutely beautiful daughters.  They recently moved to California for her husband's job and she has been having a lot of fun decorating their new home!  I love her style and her new-found creativity!  {this is the sister who didn't know how to decorate before and so she just didn't}
I asked her if I could feature some of the projects she has done because she no longer blogs {long story, but basically people are creeps} and I don't have a ton of projects currently going on nor do I have a camera. 
Win!

Today I am going to be featuring the adorable bunting that she has scattered throughout their home.  I love it!
  1. story book bunting - perfect for a little girl's room, and great if you have some books that are torn or the binding is falling apart.

IMG_9871
Her girls love Alice in Wonderland!
IMG_9869

       2. paint chip bunting - aka free bunting!

IMG_9790

Isn't her fall mantel the cutest thing you've ever seen!  candy corn bunting!

IMG_9675

This shelf is set up in the room that her step-son uses when he visits.  I love how she designated a special boy space just for him!  I'm sure he loves it with all the pink in the house!  Bunting aside, isn't this skateboard shelf awesome!! Good job Sister!

IMG_9718
rainbow!
IMG_9776


          3. handkerchief bunting!
 
IMG_9809

this is the window above her kitchen sink.  The dainty hankies allow lots of sunlight to come in and doesn't block the great view of the woods she has!  She says deer come right up in their backyard and will eat out of your hand!
IMG_9825


        4. Scrapbook paper bunting!

IMG_9625

I am so thankful my sister allowed me to show her home to the world... and I have so many more great things to show you all!  Bunting is just the beginning!


ps. what do you think of this new blog header? 



3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, she's so creative! I never would have thought of handkerchief bunting. I might try that for my guest room, and maybe some paint chip bunting for the holidays.

Meredith from A Mother Seeking said...

I am so obsessed with bunting lately. Thanks for these.... added to my list of to-do's.
Meredith From A Mother Seeking Come find me on my blog, A Mother Seeking...

Chris said...

Hi Kelsey, what a cute idea. I had never heard of it before. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...